Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh, gosh! I’m so happy to live in New York!

Nestled among meatpacking plants and hard-core gay bars, Florent was an anomalously egalitarian enclave beloved in equal measure by celebrities on the A list and hedonists on the edge, and a prism through which certain aspects of the city’s evolution could be seen with unusual clarity. There is a menu of French stalwarts and American interlopers that were available virtually round the clock: onion soup, mussels, pâté, steak frites, hamburgers, cheeseburgers. And he created an institution that became both a timeline and a time capsule of downtown life. Anyway- On June 29 Florent will close. Its rent was to rise to more than $30,000 a month. It started with paying $1,350. The neighborhood, the city and the people who felt it belonged to them were different then.

Have a look to the special movie, linked in the title and stay tuned for more melancholy stories worldwide

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bule,
your experience is so great.
I would like to be your friend.
My email is sridanto@cbn.net.id
I am somebody from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Cheap Fifa 14 Coins said...

I agree with one of the previous comments, I love the fact that the two dancing strangers are coloured with intense hues against the low saturated background.

LOL BoostFifa 14 Ultimate Team Coins

Unknown said...

Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
เห็ด ถั่ง เช่า สี ทอง