Friday, May 30, 2008

Travel the world


I had never understand people travelling abroad to just find the same fucking stuff like back home. I am not talking about luxuries things regarding the comfort everybody might think to need. Its more about the “way of travelling”. As you might know in my point of view backpackers are nowadays often nothing more than package tourist in theirs “alternative” 20ies. But today I would like to focus on the well aged world traveller, On my recent trip I stayed in different hotels and got the chance explore the “American way” of hospitality. Last night I stayed at a Mariott Hotel- to make a long story short, nothing to write home about. But the people are worth a few lines. Please- why are you travelling thousands of miles to find them same boring rococo style as back home in Kansas? The other experience I made a couple of weeks ago in Rio’s Sheraton. I read a few reports about this hotel before booking in. People wrote about the “bad” location right in a Favela. Indeed it is far away from being surrounded by a Favela. There are a few houses around not looking like the well taking care off garden houses like in western cities but that’s it!
The very same people hanging out @ the lobby, doing a organized city tour, taking a couple of pictures to say they had been to Rio. Come on- stay back home and take some pictures from the worldwide web- I will attach some for you!
Stay tuned for more reports on world travel!

No comments: