Friday, May 30, 2008

Sexy nights



Sao Paulo is the place to be in Latin America these days. People tend to say it is like NYC, but I never trust these people say Paris of whatever…Nevertheless Sao Paulo is indeed one of my upcoming favourite places to life. I had never felt that extremely comfortable within a couple of hours in one place as in Sao. The city is extremely huge and maybe for most fellow travellers not the place to be, but the city offers everything an urban guy might need. Paulistas are people who are living their live and this is a compliment! On my recent trip to good old Europe I flew into Berlin to be part of or just see how the well discussed Berlin lifestyle looks like. To be honest I guess people in Berlin compared to the Paulistas are trying to be something- just show off to be something special. Sao on the other hand is as his counterpart NYC a multicultural place to life- open minded, multi ethnic, sophisticated areas to shop and dine out, down to earth areas to life as well as the biggest Gay parade in the world. I went there not to attend the Gay parade, but to smell the dust of the night. Sao as well as Jakarta are pretty famous for their nightlife. As in Jakarta you start your night out for example in your Club Lounge- have a couple of drinks and enjoy the views all over the City. If you are looking for a more sophisticated place to hang out before heading to a Club: join the crowd @the Skye bar on top of Hotel Unique. To be honest there is a lack of service but the views over the city are well worth every “Dinger” spend. Stay with a Chandon Brut and you will have a pleasant evening. For all the sexy guys on you- take a look to the black skinned dishwasher lady- lovely! In the Skye bar I met Ipanema Fred- he is also a well travelled friend of me and a pretty good guide to show me around Sao’s nightlife.
Taxis are a reliable form of transportation also in Sao- but Paulista taxi drivers seems to be to have a little homophobia. I went to a venue- recommended by wallpaper guide, while the taxi driver described the place as a GLS (gay lesbian sex) place. I tried to stop the conversation to him saying that I am a gay oriented Jewish guy- but he did not understand me as my Portuguese is not as good as his Spanish.
Well I reached the “GLS” Club and to be honest I thought about a sexy night out like in Jakarta, but I went with my “fast pussy cat driver” and Ipanema Fred back to Hyatt after a couple of hours.

Stay tuned for more sexy night reports all over the world!

No comments: