Monday, November 12, 2007

The holy cow


A few years ago i started travel around the globe, but simply skipped asia for just one reason- the holy cow!
People whom i know, coming back from their Backpacker trips throughout asia, are always talking about all the lucky people who enjoy their lives, even if they are pretty poor. I still agreed that happiness is not about money, but indeed these guys told me that even the cows are so cute and happy!
Therefore I never wanted to travel to asia, cause hate too much happy people! Things happen always in a different way as you might plan them, that’s why I finally ended up in this region. I became really addicted to some of these countries, even so- surprise surprise the people are not always lucky and thanks god- also the cows are not that holy as i might imagine before. So what might go wrong with me?
Is it the point of view or simply my fucking behaviour? Maybe booth but indeed i believe that there is a completely difference between living in a place and being a tourist.
I do love tourism very much, but sorry to say guys I hate these “all understanding” backpackers sitting in their backpacker’s bars to explain you how the world is working- especially in Indonesia. I am always impressed how stupid (sorry) these guys are- trying to share their knowledge about Indonesia consisting of 10 days beach holiday on bali and a three-day stopover in Yogya to see Borobudur temple. I feel really sorry for the staff in these restos, cause they get these world saving stories everyday- sometimes they are looking at me not knowing what to say about a bule who is explaining them “the” Indonesian.
Just some fast facts for you.
Indonesia in multi ethnic, mostly islamic country consisting of round about 17000 islands which makes it the 4th biggest country in the world with around 230 millions inhabitants. The main island of Java is with around 130 million inhabitants one the highly dense areas in the world. The agglomeration of Jakarta is around 22 million inhabitants. So how the fuck think you to explain this country with your experience of 14 days?
This is not my first stay to this country, but indeed i would not say that i am able to be “the expert” for everything in such a huge and different country just seen a few places.
At least Java is not to a typical tropical paradise with postcard beaches and not so many holy cows!
Stay tuned to find the holy cow!

No comments: