Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am getting older


It has been a long time since I went out at night for so called party in Berlin. My stay over in Berlin is longer than expected, so I followed the invitation of my little princess Copacabana Else to join her for a party in Kantine @famous Berghain. So far so good, as I do like Panorama Bar and the whole location indeed. Due to the fact that Niki and I where a little tipsy thanks to the Champagne in another "cool" venue in K-Berg, we took a taxi to be dropped at the main entrance of Berghain. I never had been to Kantine before so Niki asked for directions and to bad we couldn't join the crowd as we had to meet up with the others @the fairly empty Kantine party on left hand side of Berghain.
The location is not bad at all as there is a kind of outdoor area in front to chill out an a rather medium sized dance floor inside. Personally I would rate the party as interesting as a Beck's could be. People tend to rate places or situations as sexy or not- this was definitly unsexy at all. If you are seeking for a sexy night out- join the "main" crowd at Berghain next time!
To be fair its not about the music at all, as it is always interesting to listen, but people makes the difference indeed. I am not sure whether it is due to the fact that all these guys know each other, even me or they are all as stiff as a poker.
The so called party could be described as a get together with people you know since your childhood, standing around and having a drink! Its not to bad to meet up and have a chat, but its pain in the ass if you are seeking for hedonist nightlife. Copacabana Else tried really hard and found a dancing queen in form of her power shopper.

Stay tuned and join the "main" crowd at Panorama Bar/ Berghain next time!

No comments: