Friday, November 14, 2008

Singapore


Recently I checked my flight statistic and as I have to trust my own numbers, I realized that Singapore is one of the places where I am quiet often even so just for a brief stop over. So what's so cool about S'pore? Right- its mainly the worlds best airport and the base of my favorite airline. Besides that fact I do like the City very much as the vibe is a mix of western and influences all over asia. If you wanna see an efficient and clean City have a look what Singapore has on offer.
Places to stay:
I got the chance to stay in many different hotels around Singapore. Due to my last stay and value for money I would recommend the Pan Pacific Club Floor in Pan Pacific Orchard. If you are on the cheap side there are plenty of other options around, for example Hangout Hostel or if you are looking for something special, go for s'pores red light district Geylang in one of the many Hotel 81. There you can have rooms for just a couple of hours and even the whole night. Design hotels are on offer as well- namely Naumi , which is the most expensive and newest one, midrange New Majestic Hotel and the "oldest and cheapest" option Hotel 1929.

Relax:


If you are looking for an urban retreat- Sentosa is your place to be. You always thought "Strandbad Wannsee" in Berlin is artificial, than you never been to famous resort island Sentosa. Take the monorail from Vivo City mall near Harbour Front mrt and you will be in a few minutes at the tropical beach in between one of the busiest harbour's in the world. I do go there always before leaving or the airport to catch some sunshine and have a last swim in the sea. Sentosa is not only a beach resort it is also home of famous zoukout party.

Nightlife:
Nightlife in s'pore is not as hedonistic as in Jakarta for example, but still there are several options to hang out for a couple of drinks. A friend of mine is living in S'pore at the moment and he recommends Supperclub. Other options are Homeclub at Riverwalk which is near the entertainment area Clarke Quay or Zouk. The famous Ministry of sounds is closed.

1 comment:

bule said...

Thanks very much indeed my fellow reader. See you soon in s'pore. Just send me an email.