Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hanoi


This year I used to stay my very first time in Hanoi and I have to say I am kind of impressed. The vibe inside the City is really relaxed, besides the masses of tourists within the old quarter there are several areas around which you might explore while driving around with your motorbike. On weekends there is a "love circle" in the late afternoon. The youngsters driving side by side around the Hoan Kiem Lake downtown to get to know each other- kinky he?
So if you found somebody on the "love circle" you can go onwards to the West lake to rent a swan- this is real love baby!
Again- to rent a swan in Hanoi used to be the only reason for me to fly into Hanoi.
Many fellow travelers come to Hanoi to see "uncle Ho" but as I had vacations he went also on a spa trip to his russian friends- rest and relax uncle Ho!
Places to stay:
If you are into names- you should definitely stay at the Ritz. The Ritz is located in a small alley just one minute from Hoan Kiem Lake and around 5 minutes away from all the other tourists in the old quarter.
Nightlife:
Is there any real nightlife in Hanoi besides drinking beer on the street or the love circle on weekends? I guess not as the communists have to learn how to have some late night fun.
The main thing you could do after the sundowner is to have an amazing dinner as the food is fantastic. If you into vegetarian delights you should consider to visit the Com Chay Nang Tam restaurant. I never had so tasty tofu and saitan dishes- everything was so delicious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Mr. Jude Law and the handy young guide in Halong Bay? To be honest, I kind of lost my heart in northern Vietnam, another thing in HCM-City, but this is fore sure just according to our kenian friend Boris. BTW, what about his russian skills?

Anonymous said...

Cuse me, what bout our date in Hoi An next month? Will you all show up after that turbulecy last time with VN?

My friends are waiting for the next cao lau and banh xeo session..

Regards to Corcovado Jack and Bangkok Lion, hope to see you soon

Cheers

Duyên

bule said...

Oh my gosh! you still remember our kinky get together in Hoi An? I lost my mobile- so please drop me line and I will keep you up to date. I miss the cao lau so much. I might be able to join you for the next session. Btw- VN sucks!

bule said...

Well Niki- I lost so much in Vietnam....My friends from Israel told me that Boris is doing well in business with the russians, but his russian is still pretty poor. Keep an eye on him!