Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last weekend


Today ramadhan started, so best time to review the “last” weekend. Friday night I went as always to bintang resto to relax, chat to some friends and have a club and a couple of bintang before leaving for a clubbing. As always the same band play favourites reggae songs, but do like the atmosphere. Later I was not sure where to go, cause nothing was really on my list, but finally decided to have a look to “republic”. Happily I don’t have to pay entrance fee so I wasn’t really disappointed about my decision, cause for the first hour they had something like a beauty contest –the only thing to add, disgusting! But sometimes it pays off to stay longer. At around 2 o’clock in the morning “Hanky strawberry” started his show. He is a crazy MC and looks more like from NYC than from Indonesia. Hanky was totally drunk, but he done a pretty good job and the crowd celebrates him. What a funny night- I ended up driven slightly drunken my moto through the empty streets of jogja to be back home for morning praying @4.30am.
Saturday night I started in “kinoki” a western driven but local used hang out place for students who want to watch a movie, chat or just going to a concert. The open-air back yard style place is pretty nice and this evening they had a mixed video and live music performance. Food is strange but they do serve a wonderful strawberry lassie. The show was fun and on the way back to my place I stopped at circle K for a quick bintang. This 24/7 convenience store is also the hang out place for the “outgoing” youth before or after clubbing. Back home I changed for safety-first taxi to be safety back on the road to embassy. Thanks to dita I am on guest list also for this very last party. They celebrate cirque du soleil party, means the staff has to wear clown costumes, but nevertheless it was crowded and people where dancing the whole night to the usual progressive or trance stuff. To enjoy the music I have to order drinks, so I asked one of the clowns to serve me and after a few minutes he came “smiling” back with a pitcher instead of just a glass. Prices are high so I just can afford to have glasses- so he has to leave unhappy….this happens twice!
Lazy Sunday was as always nice @hyatt and afterwards a massage. In the evening I went to one of open-air concerts with local bands, which is always fun. These concerts are advertisements parties for certain kind of products like “kretek” to attract the youth- so it’s free of charge.
Stay tuned for more free of charge stuff!

No comments: