Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Phnom Penh

Its a couple of month ago since I had been in Phnom Penh, but now I am back and its kind of strange. I am not sure why, but it seems that the development of this beautiful City in beyond my expectation. I am sitting in Boeang Keng Kong 1 (BKK1) in "my" street. Its st.278, which used to be a small residential street with serviced apartments serving the NGO crowd. But nowadays it seems to be the favorite hang out place for "volunteers". The apartments are still available and as always a good choice if you are on a shoestring. I am staying normally at "Golden Bridge"- most places are golden anyway. Its a very basic chinese run place, but clean and very friendly staff assisting you wherever they can.
The former pretty relaxed hang out place Elsewhere moved into the street and it looks like it is the favorite hang out location for some sorry to say, fat and ugly volunteers relaxing in the pool from their very hard daily life out in the "real cambodia"...
To be honest- there aren't many places in the world where such people could behave like that- this bar is one of them.
To be fair- the passion nirwana ist still sooo yummy!!!!

Stay tuned for more reports on traveling asia!

No comments: